Eligibility, Admission Process, Selection Process and Dates to Remember
St. Joseph’s Institute of Management (JIM)
A Jesuit Business School
St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous), Tiruchirappalli 620 002.
MBA ADMISSIONS 2022
Who can apply?
- Graduates of any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50 per cent marks.
- Students awaiting their final semester results can also apply with the V/VII semester results. The final semester and all other pending papers if any must be cleared before 31st July 2022.
- The candidates who have taken any one of the Common Entrance Tests namely TANCET/MAT/XAT/CAT/CMAT /ATMA.
How to apply?
- Step-1: Apply online at www.jim.ac.in
- Syep-2: After online fee payment of Rs.1000/- towards application processing and application submission, the applicant should take a print out of the filled in application along with the self-attested photocopies of the necessary documents and send it through post to the Institute.
- Note : Bank charges for online payment is applicable which depends on the bank and payment method. In case of any payment failure JIM is not responsible.
JIM ADMISSION PROCESS
JIM Selection Process includes the following:
1. Statement of Purpose (SoP): The applicants need to bring a hand-written Statement of Purpose (SoP) for joining MBA.
2. JET (JIM Entrance Test): The applicants will appear for a written test. The written test comprises of the following components.
a) Part A – Aptitude: The questions aim to test the numerical ability, logical reasoning and the ability of the students to interpret the given data.
b) Part B – General Awareness: The questions aim to test the awareness level of the students on the contemporary trends.
c) Part C – English: The applicants will be asked to write an essay on a given topic.
3. Group Discussion: After the written test, the applicants will appear for a Group Discussion.
4. Presentation and Personal Interview: After the Group Discussion, every applicant will make a presentation before a panel of two professors on a particular topic which will be given in advance. After the presentation, the applicant will be interviewed personally by the panel.
5. Director’s Interview: All the applicants will meet the Director personally with their parents.
What is the Selection Process?
- 1. The submitted applications will be scrutinized for selection by JIM Admissions Office.
- 2. The short listed candidates will receive Call Letters through email for JIM selection process. Initial shortlisting will be done on the basis of the UG marks.
- 3. Selection process will be conducted in 3 phases, based on candidate’s date of application submission.
- 4. Shortlisted candidates will go through a selection process that consists of Written Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview (WT-GD-PI).
- 5. The final selection of the candidate will be based on the composite score obtained by the candidate in JIM Selection Process along with the Common Entrance Test(s) Scores, Percentage in Under Graduation and Work Experience (If any).
- 6. The list of provisionally selected candidates will be published in www.jim.ac.in
- 7. The selected students should pay the fees on the stipulated dates.
Documents to be Submitted
- Two recent passport size photographs
- The entrance test (TANCET/MAT/XAT/CAT/CMAT /ATMA) hall ticket and / score card.
- High School and Higher Secondary Mark statements
- Mark Statements/Consolidated Statement of the UG Degree
- Students awaiting their final semester results must submit the mark statements up to V/VII semester
- UG Degree / Provisional Certificate
- Transfer and Conduct Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Work Experience Certificate (If any)
- Attestation Letter from the Parish Priest (For Catholic Applicants Only)
- NRI Candidates must submit a residential permit issued by the Foreigner Regional Registration Office.
Dates to Remember - Important Note:
- Online application open:
- Last date for applying online:
- Submission of filled-in applications through post:
- Submission of filled-in applications in person - Email :
- JIM Selection Process: Phase -3 selection process on :
- Publication of provisionally selected candidates:
- Payment of fees and admissions:
- Approximately 7 Lakhs
- You may pay the fees semester wise, but we recommend to pay annually.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded.
For further details, please contact:
St.Joseph’s Institute of Management (JIM)
St.Joseph’s College (Autonomous)
Tiruchirappalli – 620 002
Contact Nos.: +91-431-4226481, +91-8300831283